Front End Developer / Designer
Closing 27th May 2019.
An ideal role for a dedicated front-end developer or UX designer, someone who wishes to challenge and perfect their existing skills and techniques, across a broad range of projects.
The right person is someone who thrives on making the internet a better place.
We have no set amount of experience required. The role, and the salary, will expand depending on your experience. But ultimately, it’s about interest.
The role is tilted towards front-end developers with an eye for conceptual design. Primary duties will include:
- Adaptation and improvement of the front end development standards for the agency.
- Development of responsive website design frameworks in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Rollout of conceptual design concepts across templates, including optimisation of user interfaces.
But, those production-driven duties should be considered the bread and butter of the role. The right candidate will be provided the opportunity to perfect any or all of these skills:
- Requirements analysis with clients.
- User experience design, strategy and rollout.
- Lead conceptual design of websites, portals and native applications.
- Quality assurance and monitoring.
- Back end (PHP) development using Laravel, WordPress and/or Shopify.
- Experience in front-end development frameworks should be a given, ideally using Twig, Zurb Foundation and SASS (though equivalent frameworks / methodologies would be considered).
- A firm understanding of Adobe Photoshop tools and techniques.
- A portfolio of CMS-driven websites, ideally built on WordPress or Laravel.
The Ideal Candidate
Is a perfectionist; someone who has a genuine focus and desire to create a digital world that is easier to use, easier to understand, easier to remember.
We will more than match industry rates for experience and expertise, and as a rule, we reward talented people for a job well done.
You will enjoy 25 days of annual leave, plus statutory holidays, with a genuine emphasis on work/life balance.
Minus40 was founded in 2014 with a simple mission to Do Digital Better. Our primary outputs are digital consultancy, custom-built digital solutions using the Laravel framework, and content managed websites built upon our unique customisation of the WordPress core.
Over the past five years we have developed a client list that now includes Visit Belfast, Strategic Investment Board, InterTradeIreland, Henderson Group, Matchetts Music, Garda Ombudsman, Fermanagh & Omagh District Council, Budget Energy and Jungle NI.
We share city centre offices with our sister company McCadden, who are Northern Ireland’s original design and branding agency, and with whom we work closely on many projects.
How to Apply
Simply send your CV along with a note (and a link to any portfolio website, should you have one) to our managing partner Anthony McNamee – email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Application close at 5pm on 19th April 2019, and interviews will be scheduled for the following fortnight. Interviews can, on request, be arranged outside normal working hours.