Careers at minus40
Front End Developer / Designer
A Middleweight or Senior Role
Minus40 have an immediate need for a Front-End Developer/Designer to join their Belfast City Centre team; someone who can hit the ground running in terms of website design and development.
Applications would be considered from suitable candidates at both middleweight (minimum 2 years’ experience) and senior (minimum 5 years’ experience) levels, with the role and remuneration adapting accordingly. Candidates with less than 2 years’ experience are invited to submit their CV for similar opportunities in future with Minus40.
The role is tilted towards front-end developers with an eye for conceptual design. Primary duties include:
- Guardianship, adaptation and improvement of the front end development standards for the agency.
- Development of responsive website design frameworks in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Rollout of conceptual design concepts across templates, including optimisation of user interfaces.
But, those production-driven duties should be considered the bread and butter of the role. Suitable candidates would have experience and skills in one or more of the following areas, and the role will flexibly allow the opportunity to perfect any or all of these skills:
- Requirements analysis with clients.
- User experience design strategy and rollout.
- Lead conceptual design of websites, portals and native applications.
- Quality assurance and monitoring.
- Back end (PHP) development using Laravel, WordPress and/or Shopify.
- Significant expertise in creating websites through front-end development frameworks, ideally using Zurb Foundation and SASS (though equivalent frameworks / methodologies would be considered).
- A full understanding of Adobe Photoshop tools and techniques. Other desktop publishing software experience would be a bonus.
- A portfolio of CMS-driven websites, ideally built on WordPress or Laravel.
- Client facing exposure, in particular in the form of requirements analysis or CMS /website training.
The Ideal Candidate
Is a perfectionist; someone who has a genuine focus and desire to create a digital world that is easier to use, easier to understand, easier to remember.
Minus40 was founded in 2014 with a simple mission to Do Digital Better. Our primary outputs are digital consultancy, custom-built digital solutions using the Laravel framework, and content managed websites built upon our unique customisation of the WordPress core.
Over the past three years we have developed a client list that now includes Visit Belfast, Strategic Investment Board, Henderson Group, Matchetts Music, Garda Ombudsman, Fermanagh & Omagh District Council, Budget Energy and Jungle NI.
The team now numbers 5 full time staff and is set to double in size over the next 12 months.
We share city centre offices with our sister company McCadden, who are Northern Ireland’s original design and branding agency, and with whom we work closely on many projects.
We will more than match industry rates for experience and expertise, and as a rule, we reward talented people for a job well done.
You will enjoy 25 days of annual leave, plus statutory holidays, with a genuine emphasis on work/life balance.
How to Apply
Simply send your CV along with a note (and a link to any portfolio website, should you have one) to our managing partner Anthony McNamee – email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Application close at 5pm on 04 September 2017, and interviews will be scheduled for the following week. Interviews can, on request, be arranged outside normal working hours.